Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Obama, Hilary, and the Transformers




A little belated, I know, but I made this post a while back, comparing Obama and Clinton's potential presidency/vice-presidency relationship to one of the more famous fictional rivalries of the 80's, and I couldn't believe that Hilary was invited in Obama's cabinet.

This is from a Facebook IM exchange with my bud, Vinnie. If you didn't watch "Transformers" as a kid, you won't get any of this.


Me: Dude! Obama and Hilary are the new Megatron and Starscream!!!!


Vinnie: that's a way of looking at it I hadn't thought of. I always kinda liked Starscream, too.

Of course, I thought Soundwave would have been the better 2nd in Command


Me: Only, which is which?

True, Obama is head honcho....


Vinnie: Obama has to be Megatron


Me: But if anyone better epitomized the whole Megatron "I stillll FUNCTIOOONNNN" It's Hillary.


Vinnie: that's a good point

It's hard for me to decide!

who are the quinassons, then?

quintasson... lost the "t" there


Me: But then again, that would make her Galvatron, and then I put myself in the category of all those tasteless Obama assassination jokes.


Vinnie: good point. She could be an insecticon


Me: Hmmm. Quintassons. Those are the 20 families who really run everything.

And like the quintassons, by the time you learn about them the whole show's gone to hell and no one cares.

...

GW is Grimlock!!!!!!


Vinnie: that's just perfect

No comments: