Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm So Gonna Pull Quote This Later

This came from Prabakar T. Rajan's email for my reading this Friday at the private Goba Salon at 7:00 PM.

"Chad's poetry is remarkable for its versatility. From nimble, spicy haiku and sharp political satire he can leap to the most intimate and subtle craft. While humor is an important component of his work, it belies an undertow of pathos and searching innocence. His open and friendly style snares the lulled reader into unparrying ease against the sudden thrusts of craft, and shafts of grace. In the great tradition of Frost and Levine, he achieves the splicing of the vitality of the American idiom with the highest strictures demanded of poetic craft."
I swooned over his own swooning.

Then I asked, "What's a stricture?"

Thanks again, Prabakar.

It's a private affair, my reading at the Goba Salon. Anyone want to send a private email and see if you can come along?

No comments: