Sunday, June 09, 2019

Healing

For the last few years, I deal with some kind of pain from January till about now.

A couple of years ago, it was my back. Really hurt me. Pilates helped me out.

Last year, I bought sneakers that didn't fit right. I was stubborn and wore them for a month. My feet hurt for months, long after I got rid of them.

This year, it was my right hand.


All it took was one day out in the cold without appropriate gloves. My thumb and a good chunk of my hand below it was cracked up all to hell up until now.



These are pictures I just took. Believe it or not, this is the best my hand has looked since before January. No more open cuts. No bleeding. No pain when I'm writing with a pen (I just mis-wrote pen as "pain," which is telling).

My girlfriend told me it was my journaling that caused the constant open wounds. She may not be wrong, but my day-to-day working at a hospital didn't help. Not when I have to wash or sanitize my hands every few seconds. Even after discovering the best hand cream ever, it only does so much good when you can't keep it on your hand for very long.

It also probably helped that I haven't really touched a pen since Friday morning. I'm really hoping that after this weekend the near-year long nightmare is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pens with pocket clips surely scratch