Monday, April 04, 2022

The Gatepost Turns Ninety


When I worked on the student newspaper for Framingham State University, it was still called Framingham State College. I contributed to the 80th anniversary celebration of The Gatepost ten years ago. Now they're celebrating their ninetieth anniversary with an article that interviews several of my former colleagues including Bret Kerr, Joe Murphy, Suzanne McDonald, Phil LeClare and Steve "I'm the only reason most of you are reading this" Katsos.  

It's a nice read for me, but I wish they could interview some of the younger generation and ask questions like, "How do you feel about spending your college years in the world of print journalism after it lost all credibility in the early 2000's and started to die a slow death that miraculously and horrifically continues to this day?"

No comments: