Saturday, October 08, 2022

A Belated Summer Victory

Translated form French: Exhibition until July 11, 2022- The Impressionistic Decor - At the sources of the Water Lilies

My girlfriend got this promotional poster framed.

This close-up image of Claude Monet's Chrysanthemums is from our recent Paris vacation. 

It was one of a few souvenirs from our stop at the Musee de l'Orangerie. She thought it would look good hanging up in our home. 

It was already rolled up and wrapped in plastic, but I had a bad feeling that it wouldn't survive in my checked baggage without getting ruined. 

I carried it in my hand walking through the airport and kept it close to me on the plane back to Boston. 

If I had kept it in my soon-to-be lost luggage, lord knows what condition it would have been in when I finally got it back. 

There's not a lot about the summer I want to look back on, but seeing this picture every morning makes me happy.


No comments: