Thursday, December 29, 2022

People I'm Grateful for in 2022: Julianne Powers


Julianne Powers joined Stone Soup Poetry's online open mic in March of this year. The niece of Jack Powers, she knows quite a bit of Stone Soup's history. Even better, she gets Stone Soup. Such a rare combination today. 

She's been a stalwart regular at the Zoom gatherings ever since. She's contributed her work to Oddball Magazine and will hopefully have a piece in Stone's Throw if I ever get around to putting another issue out. She's come a long way in just a few months.

Julianne and I haven't met yet. I hope to do so in the very near future. Better still, I hope to feature her at Stone Soup Poetry the month of Stone Soup's fifty-second anniversary. 

Good things will happen in 2023 for both Stone Soup and Julianne. I will make sure of it.

No comments: