Friday, March 10, 2023

Stone Soup Croutons, 3-8-23: A Poem They Won't Read


Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions selected from Stone Soup Poetry's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title (and sometimes the rest of the poem) later. You can read the other ones I've done since 2015 here.
 
I also have a book collecting the best of my first year of poems. Click here to purchase it.

Kaleigh O’Keefe was our in-person feature this past Wednesday.  
 
This is the most scaled down poem yet. 
 
I took no notes during the event. 
 
There is no recording of the event. 
 
I went from pure memory and didn't ask anyone to send me their poems to refresh my memory. 
 
The results are below. I've given up this week. I'll be back again by next Wednesday for Margaret R. Sáraco's feature. Thanks for reading.
 
 
A Poem They Won't Read
 
Doesn't matter
what other
color flowers

you bought
for march,
her new hat.

They'll only
recall purple
petals from him.

In truth, to 
her, you've 
never grown

since that day
you took up
both hands,
 
chose to move
through pain 
she forgets.
 
You rate hurt
on scale of 
Get to Work

while to her
you'll never 
rate again.

 

Special thanks to Laurel Lambert, Jan Rowe, Ed Gault, Nancy Dodson, Carol Weston, James Van Looy, Navah The Buddaphliii and feature Kaleigh O'Keefe.

No comments: