Saturday, April 01, 2023

Happy NaPoWriMo

NaPoWriMo graphic by Maureen Thorson.


Happy Poetry Month and Happy National Poetry Writing Month. Or, Happy Global Poetry Writing Month if you're so inclined. I'm a blogger with almost two decades worth of tags, so I keep it National for that reason alone. 
 
I'm about to get started. Thank you if you are visiting this blog via the Na/GloPoWriMo site (and thank you, Maureen Thorson). Here's a little about me.

I 'm a poet who has been writing since my teens and blogging since my thirties. I host a reading series in Boston called Stone Soup Poetry. I also host a private Stone Soup Facebook group for NaPoWriMo if you're interested. 
 
I also am the Associate Editor of Oddball Magazine, just in case you're looking for a place to send your poems after April.

I have regular features on this blog. One of them is my American Haiku series every Wednesday morning. Another is my Stone Soup Croutons poem every Friday complimenting the Stone Soup reading of that week. I have two ongoing secret projects you can read by subscribing to my Patreon. I even write a regular Comic Book Haiku series for the pop culture journal The Ugly Monster.

None of those poems will count towards April's 30/30. None of them. 

My weekly poems count as quick runs to keep me disciplined and in shape. 

National Poetry Writing Month is my big run, my Boston Marathon. 

I hope I'm up for it this year. I hope I write something you enjoy. Moreover, I wish you the best of luck with whatever writing you get done this month. 

If you want to skip all the other stuff on my blog and get to the good stuff, follow this link.

First poem coming soon.

No comments: