Monday, May 08, 2023

Mixed Feelings

 
 
Yesterday I found out the corporate coffee shop location I worked at when I first moved to Boston had to give up their spot on Charles Street. Not it's a...completely different coffee shop.

On one hand, I love it when the first ever conglomerate to treat me like crap has to give up any ground. On the other hand, did it have to be another coffee shop?

To be honest, I worked in that wretchedly cramped spot, and unless there were many overhauls--which I'm sure no one has done twenty years since I was there--it would be hard to make that location anything else useful.

The new place was hopping yesterday. I thought about going in, but it was too hectic for my tastes. Much like it was when I worked there in 1995. Happy to get out of Dodge and go about my day.

No comments: