Friday, September 22, 2023

Summer 2023 Trainwrecks: Oddball Festival

 
 
The Saturday before Oddball Festival, I was visiting my Mom. I was still so tired from the Boston Poetry Marathon the prior week. I ended up putting diesel fuel in my girlfriend's car. I ended up staying over my Mom's while getting my car towed to a garage. 
 
I took my Mom's car to the festival the following morning and somehow ended up making it and served as one of the performers and one of the hosts as planned. It was fun introducing and even recording features like The Garage poets, but I was waiting to leave so I could get home and check up on the car. 
 
The first ever Oddball Festival was a success. I was a miserable failure before I even got there.
 
Eventually I got the car back the next day, but it was all stressful as hell. Those three days led me to cancel the rest of Stone Soup Poetry for August. I'm left not even sure I'll do the festival again next year. I don't even want to risk making the same mistakes next year.

No comments: