Friday, February 16, 2024

Stone Soup Croutons, 2-14-24: Lonely Bastard Credo


Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions selected from Stone Soup Poetry's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title (and sometimes the rest of the poem) later. You can read the other ones I've done since 2015 here.
 
I also have a book collecting the best of my first year of poems. Click here to purchase it.
 
 
I leaned harder than I thought. Thanks for reading.


Lonely Bastard Credo

Love is forever
because it dies.
 
Failure you can't
blame on psyops.

Ideal could-haves
mock on mantle.

Lover's urn, sole
conversation piece.
 
Post-party ribbons
left up little longer.

Frayed photos kept
like sci-fi paperbacks.

Sex life personifies
as loudest clown ever.

Don't take him seriously, 
then why should he?

Solitude won't exclude
talking in her voice.

Last words mulled over,
then injecting yours.
 
Matchbook phrases
relight ending pyre.

Commemorative dance
hides walk of shame.

Tossed ashes go nowhere, 
stick entire way home.


Special thanks to Randy Barish, Jeff Taylor, Bil Lewis, Ken Johnson, Robert Fleming and Jon Wesick.

 

No comments: