Sunday, September 20, 2026

Anticipation

Steve Onderick has been working for over a decade on a documentary about the Church of Euthanasia, a group based in the Boston area for several years and especially prominent in the nineties and early aughties. I donated photography and audio from my past coverage to the project and was even interviewed at my old apartment in Southie, This summer, we received a Kickstarter update for the first time in a while.

In 2023, I got a look at what was then the finished film. I'm only showing a screenshot of the credits here. It was nice to be near the top of the "Special Thanks" list given that I don't appear in the documentary (insert a Daffy Duck impersonation here as I scream "What? Rich Mackin's name over mine?!?"). 

I recently scanned a lot of COE material and feel I have a couple of thousand words left to say on the subject. Thant makes me hope even more that the film is released soon and gets a special showing in Boston. Ideally in Brookline at Coolidge Corner Theatre, not far away from the scene of one of the Church's more infamous counter-protests.

 

No comments: