Friday, August 08, 2014

Church of Euthanasia Jerry Springer Episode On YouTube!

I just realized this upcoming September will be the fifteenth anniversary of my article on The Church of Euthanasia.  When it was clear that the The Weekly Dig would never archive anything from the magazine that originally spawned them, I posted it on my website, where I was able to make minor corrections and add more unused photos.  Today, I can add one more piece, which I haven't seen for the past decade-and-a-half.

One of the source materials for my piece was the Jerry Springer episode, "I Want to Join a Suicide Cult," which focused on the Church of Euthanasia, including founder Chris Korda and fellow members Pastor Kim and Vermin Supreme, who took the name Vermin X on the show for anonymity (just go with it, people).  The show also included footage of counter-protests at anti-abortion rallies in Boston.  Were you there?

I used the article as sparingly as I could, given how there's only so much people could get with me quoting an episode of a TV show that both Korda and I were sure at the time was never going to be seen again (clearly this is way before YouTube and before widespread fast internet, as I was still sending articles to the Weekly Dig editors on floppy disks back in 2000) .  Now thanks to a poster by name of  churchofsatan23, we can now view the chaotic episode in full, including the "conversion" of one of the guests (you can read my thoughts on that in the introduction to the article).  Now I've added it to my article as a useful additional reference.  Because I'm incredibly selfish and I want more hits, you can click on the article link above and scroll down to find it.  I hope you find it as interesting as I did back in the day.


No comments: