Monday, April 06, 2020

The Ice Cream Man (stop 'im when he's back in town)

Drawing of ice cream cone, close-up.

Can we talk about this Ice Cream Man guy? I want to bring up some graffiti I've seen for a while.

First of all, I call this artist Ice Cream Man even though I don't know if this graffiti artist even identifies as male. If someone else knows this person, let me know. I can change to Ice Cream Queen. I just chose the name Ice Cream Man for the song reference.

When I first saw the Ice Cream Man, his work was primarily around the Jamaica Plain/Jackson Square area. The shots below are from about three years ago.

Drawing of ice cream cone, on busy graffiti mailbox.

Drawing of ice cream cone, pink ink, mailbox, close up.

Drawing of ice cream cone, pink ink, different mailbox.

In recent months, I've seen him more and more near where I work.

 Drawing of ice cream cone, pink ink, mailbox near longwood. 

Drawing of ice cream cone, yello ink, mailbox near longwood.

Recently, while walking home from work, I found this.

Ice Cream Cone Sticker on blue bike, JP

Ice Cream Cone Sticker on blue bike, JP, Close Up

The Ice Cream Man is now making ice cream stickers. I hope to see a lot more of these after everything calms down.


No comments: