Monday, April 19, 2004

Work Fantasy

My office is actually shared by two other people who don't really need desk space but were given it anyway. It also holds the mailing for all the residents we're in charge of (I work in a teaching hospital). So even though I spend the most time inside here there's a lot of people coming in and out.

People seem to have come to the illogical conclusion that even though my anti-social stance in the work place and my natural distrust of all co-workers is well known, nothing gets me wetter than leaving the door open with my back to the doorway whenever I'm at my desk.

If I was allowed to put up signs in here, I'd hang a custom-made one beside the door, on the inside, to be seen by anyone leaving. Here's what it would say.

Before You Leave, Ask Yourself These Questions:

1. Do you have to open the door to leave this office?

2. Did you have to knock and/or open the door in order to enter this office?

3. If not, did the main holder of this office space come in and/or get up to close the door at any point?

4. Without this sign, would you have come to the conclusion all by yourself that the main holder of this office would like the door to be closed while he is working?

5. Finally, do you know the difference between open and close?

No comments: