Monday, December 31, 2018

What I'll Miss in 2018: This View of Jamaica Plain


I used to see this view of JP quite a bit, usually if I was coming home at a halfway decent time of the night.

This view happened less often as time went on as I pursued interests and relationships that took me more an more away from what was my home for over a decade.

That one bedroom was too good to be true. I tried not to take it for granted, but I probably did. THat's probably why the rent finally rose to astronomical levels. Too high for me to continue living there while saving for a house. I moved out completely by August first.

It was my home, and yet it wasn't. I miss Jamaica Plain more than  I miss my apartment. And I can go back to that street any time I want to. I'll see this view of JP again. Sometime next year, for sure.

No comments: