Friday, August 16, 2019

Getting There

Over the years I have gotten far more tolerant of summer. Especially with events to look forward to like Ron's workshops and this weekend's Boston Poetry Marathon.

This has lent to greater productivity over a period of time where I usually feel pretty depressed and listless. 

Given last summer's move, I've probably earned the right to just stay locked away by myself in a dark room for three months.

And yet I've moved myself away from wanting that. Even last summer, when everything was happening, I was much more upbeat than I had any right to be.

I was proud of myself for last year, and this year I'm pleased with myself for being who I am now and learning to use this stretch of time the best that I can.

But.

I am nearing the end of my tolerance for this season.

I feel like I'm at the end of my threshold for all this heat.

I don't care if I am a seething pile of rage until Labor Day. I just need to last a few more days of positivity.

A week?

Just another week.


No comments: