Wednesday, December 04, 2019

I Had Issues! My Tenth Comic Book Haiku

Another haiku covering up for the lack of an in-depth review. Though I prefer his All-Star Superman, I enjoyed much of Grant Morrison's run on the New 52 version of Action Comics. And hey, if you're fretting about how to make Superman relevant, just go with his Super Obama from this run. Hell, you already have Michael B. Jordan interested!

Other note: I thank the person who commented on the original site who pointed out in the original post "[T]he first post-crisis appearance of Mr. Mxyzptlk, it was revealed to be pronounced Mix-yez-pittle-ick," thereby making my haiku one syllable too long. I corrected it. To be fair, I was going by the Superman TAS version, which was pronounced "Mix-Yez-Spit-Lick." A lot of thinking goes into seventeen syllables, no matter how goofy the outcome! Originally published December 10, 2012.


Issue gives excuse
for ol’ Mxyzptlk
to be in haiku.

No comments: