Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Annoying Thought of the Day


I've heard of people price gouging everything from sanitizer to haircuts. You know what I haven't heard of anyone gouging? Space.

I miss the act eating out alone. I miss the ability to sit in a coffee or sub shop during their slow hours and spend an hour or more of my time in peace.  

I wonder if we'll ever hear about restaurants offering a table for one in their closed down dining rooms, away from everyone you're stuck with in quarantine, no strangers to bother you.

I would pay for that. To sit at a table by myself. No one else allowed. Just one patron--myself--in the entire place. Everyone else can get takeout and piss off.

I imagine I wouldn't be able to sit there even every day. Maybe they would take a couple of days to disinfect the area, just to be extra safe. Maybe they would take reservations with a mandatory down payment of a hundred dollars. Maybe you'd have to wait for a a minimum of three weeks.

I imagine I would have to pay the equivalent of a small family's night out for a simple sandwich or a pizza slice.

It would be so worth it.

No comments: