Monday, May 10, 2021

Thirty Days of Stone Soup Stuff

 

 
Jack McCarthy featured at Stone Soup Poetry once while I was host on May 21, 2007. I tried to bring him back many other times without success. He died in 2013. 

Prior to this, I remember seeing him at The Cantab when they weren't able to play his CD for "You Ain't From Around Here Are Ya?" It remains one of his best poems and utilizes music and lyrics from a Guy Clark song at various parts. I was so glad I got his CD working on the Out of The Blue's very unreliable desktop computer. Even without what he wrote in a copy of his chapbook for me, that would have still been one of my proudest moments.

Autograph by Jack McCarthy: "To my good friend Chad - The Boston/Cambridge poetry scene is extraordinarily lucky that you came along - Keep Writing - All the best, Jack McCarthy, 5/21/7"

No comments: