Thursday, September 22, 2022

Post-Summer Thoughts


If summer only lasted two or weeks, then I would say this was the best summer in years. 

Sadly, summer lasts three months.

Summer peaked before I got back from Paris. That was the fourth of July. 

Lost luggage. Lost hours, lost days before I finally got my possessions back.

Made to feel like I had to apologize for them leaving my luggage behind.

Make no mistake. My luggage was never lost. 

They just chose not to send it back to me until a month later.

Then there's all the behind the scenes drama I won't mention here.

I lost so much time to utter nonsense.

Some nice trips to the Cape in between, but all those other days I won't get back...

In August, my girlfriend hurt her self and may need surgery. We'll find out next week.

Like last year with my glasses, the ramifications of this past summer will last well beyond three months. 

Last summer, I lost two pairs of glasses to stupidity. 

This year, I broke my old iPhone to similar stupidity. I have been spending the last two days trying to salvage the photos saved on it, work I didn't save on the Cloud.

Over two years of photos I saved during COVID. 

I stopped extracting photos from my phone on any regular basis when the pandemic hit and I lost my special place. 

If I truly lose all these pictures now, 2020 and 2021 will truly be lost years.

This could have happened at any time. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

The fact that it happened at the end of the summer season just makes it one more f--- you cherry on top of a turd sundae. 

I'm hearing rain bang on my window, and I am happy.

Wash it all away. To the gutters with summer. I'm done for the year. 

No comments: