Friday, September 15, 2023

Stone Soup Croutons, 9-13-23: In This Episode


Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions selected from Stone Soup Poetry's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title (and sometimes the rest of the poem) later. You can read the other ones I've done since 2015 here.
 
I also have a book collecting the best of my first year of poems. Click here to purchase it.

This past Wednesday, Dexter Roberts gave us a tour of his poetry and his home gallery. The feature and the open mic was a night of Jesus, the moon and Spider-Man. With more than a dash of pulp!

Yeah, I think I can work all that in. Maybe not well, but I can do it.

Sheer nonsense is all I'm good for this week.

Support Dexter through is Cash App at $spideydex and make inquiries about his art by emailing robertsdexter118@gmail.com.

Come back and see us next Wednesday for Randy Barish's feature. 

Thanks for reading.


In This Episode

The Moon knows a time
where she is tired of all
the crooners and their 
serenades. Jaded poets 
nod like they knew all
along as Moon comes 
down to bite them all
in their throats. Night
becomes a punch up 
in a running car. Next
up, a talk show, Moon
declaring to the Earth 
They're her kids, not 
mine! I'll see the one
born in a barn one 
weekend, but that's
it. Behead the ones you
don't like, I don't care!
The cosmos would 
accept the swan as 
masters of the planet
well before this lot!
Meanwhile, down the
hall, Peter Parker moves
his trademark boulder 
down the hallway while
practicing his tough talk
from room to room. 
Suddenly, there's a knock
on the door, along with 
theme music he almost 
mistakes for his. Jesus 
comes stopping by! But 
he is disappointed! He
was expecting Miles Morales.


Special thanks to Randy Barish, Nancy Dodson, Patricia Carragon, Robert Fleming, Bil Lewis, Jackie Chou, Jason Wright, Tznya Pinchback, Nemo Sum, Jon Wesick, Ethan Mackler and special feature Ethan Mackler. 

No comments: