Monday, March 18, 2024

Stone Soup Croutons, 3-13-24: When All Else Fails, Have Pie


Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions selected from Stone Soup Poetry's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title (and sometimes the rest of the poem) later. You can read the other ones I've done since 2015 here.
 
I also have a book collecting the best of my first year of poems. Click here to purchase it. 
 
 
I usually write a poem on Fridays, but then my weekend was a disaster as far as my schedule went. 

I either jot the poem down now, post something--anything--on this blog, or I never will. That has happened before.
 
Thanks for reading.


When All Else Fails, Have Pie
 
Those not Barbie type,
keep your heads up when
the shooting begins again.

Extreme measures are for
your future crimes. Best 
to never go out again.

Don't even let the kids
out in the back yard when
the moon's always online.

Courts already decided 
everything you ever
witnessed was incorrect. 

Trust immortality to
any ex-lover coming
to kill you during dessert.




Special thanks to Patricia Carragon, Jan Rowe, Ken Johnson, Jackie Chou, Bil Lewis, Robert Fleming, Richard Spisack, Jon Wesick, Marvin Louis, James Van Looy and special feature Don Kingfisher Campbell.

No comments: