Friday, September 27, 2024

Stone Soup Croutons, 9-25-24: Blown


Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions selected from Stone Soup Poetry's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title (and sometimes the rest of the poem) later. You can read the other ones I've done since 2015 here.
 
I also have a book collecting the best of my first year of poems. Click here to purchase it.
Thanks for reading. 

 
Unexpectedly small crowd. Lot of people away, working or with computer issues. Or maybe they had to wash their hair. I dunno. I got to read some old Crouton poems, but I never use my old Crouton poems in a new Crouton poem. That's like the recycled food concept in Judge Dredd.
 
I've always wanted to sum up an open mic with a haiku. I basically wrote three. 

Thanks for reading.

 
Blown
 
Evicted ghost
hides in Monet hues
of cathedral.
 
Watches roller coaster
wave, future sky kings
dying on command. 
 
Dandelion bits
burst apart by 
divine right of force.
 
 
 
Special thanks to Bryan Franco, Bil Lewis, Robert Fleming and Ethan Mackler. 

No comments: