Friday, September 20, 2024

Summer 2024 Highlights: My Poem in The New Verse News

I failed a lot as a writer this summer in ways that I don't want to talk about openly. One of my brighter spots was getting "Trump AI Generates His Second Inauguration" in The New Verse News. I had one day in August to go nuts and bang out a poem on a timely subject (Trump posting AI images of "Swifties for Trump"), and I did it. I was getting sick with not-COVID, so there was one error in the poem (over-capitalization, of all things), but I got that fixed once I could read without coughing. I even got to play with AI a little (hence the above image). Probably won't do that again (at least not with poetry), but I'm glad I got to play a little with this piece. If this is the only time I get published in The New Verse News this year, I'll be happy.


No comments: