Sunday, September 29, 2024

Surreal

The Boston Poetry Marathon weekends in past have always been laced with surreal moments. You can attribute that to the summer heat. But even remotely, during a windy Saturday one-day only event, it can happen. I had a couple of out of body/out of time moments when I caught Jim Behrle's Zoom image as I was hosting or working behind the scenes the same event he let me participate in back in 2004 back when it was called the Boston Poetry Massacre. It's gone through many changes, and I am humbled that Jim chose to be part of this paired down event. 

My thanks to Jim and everyone who attended the event as a participant or an audience member (or both). Thanks to WBUR drawing some eyes to our event. Thanks especially to fellow organizers Xtina Strong and Christina Liu. Not to mention organizers emeritus Bridget Eileen and Suzanne Mercury for their support.

Next year, we will do everything we can to guarantee the event comes back live. We hope you'll join us then. 


No comments: