Saturday, July 25, 2026

Stone Soup Croutons, 7-22-26: Wisdom from a Troll Taking Tolls


Stone Soup Croutons is a weekly poem I write using lines and impressions selected from Stone Soup Poetry's open mic readers and features. I figure out a title (and sometimes the rest of the poem) later. You can read the other ones I've done since 2015 here.
 
I also have a book collecting the best of my first year of poems. Click here to purchase it.
 
Features like his are why I continue to host Stone Soup online. 
 
You can watch the video here, and I encourage you to do so. 
 
I had to do a Stone Soup Croutons poem for this night. I hope I can continue the pace.  
 
In the title is a nod ot Marc's longtime email address. 
 
Thanks for reading. 
 
 
Wisdom from a Troll Taking Tolls
 
Angels smack
our leaders
with guilt. 
 
It's all they
can feel for
the left behind.
 
Read fallen
poets' words
for overlords.
 
it hurts them
like flies 
inside ears.  
 
Ghosts warn;
Enough of 
white power.
 
You're just 
buying what 
so many
 
died for
so others 
could sell it. 
 
Goths can't 
live on 
carrion
 
because,
of course, 
it's carrion. 
 
Cults seek
dark, find it 
in leader. 
 
We want to
be one who
stops bullet.
 
We instead
file complaints
to the dying.

Elephants will
kill you. You
deserve it. 
 
Mate loves
it when 
you shut up.
 
with poetry
and make 
you food. 
 
Grapes are
ripe when
they say so.

Life's traps
were sprung
by parents. 
 
The dead 
are likely 
happier. 
 
Drugs work
when you
don't want to. 
 
The haves 
look at you
and laugh. 
 
Have nots
hurt other
have nots. 
 
Escapees
don't say
they'll leave. 
 
We ask 
where all
the dead are.
 
Corpses are
where we 
left them. 

Racists take
care of 
each other. 
 
Music 
finds a way
somehow.  
 

Special thanks to Shannon O'Connor, Rusty Rose, Jon Wesick, Jan Rowe, J. Barrett Wolf, Richard Spisak, Robert F.eming, Lee Varon, Mary Esther, James Van Looy and special feature Marc D. Goldfinger. 

No comments: