Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Post-Summer Thoughts, 2026

I lost someone I cared about and liked this summer. That was the most dominant part of the summer, and you barely read about that here. 

It was my partner's mother, who took me in and accepted me when she didn't have to. 

I wasn't looking for either a parental figure by the time I came into her life, but she accepted me as if I was one of her family. 

I will always appreciate that.  

Last year, we lost my partner's father. This was also dealt with behind the scenes.

We're moving through everything as best we can.

Also behind the scenes is me going to the doctor. I'll be going a lot in October to hopefully get better news than I'm expecting in my mind, which has been pumping out worst-case scenarios since July. 

 So Autumn might stand to be crueler than this summer. Or not.

Most people I talk to aren't preparing me for more cruelty. That's good. 

I got a lot of work done this summer. Both personal housekeeping and my health. 

I just need to focus on moving on and hopefully come to as good an ending as possible for the year .

At least it's cooler. Autumn is generally kinder to me in that sense.

 

No comments: