Thursday, September 03, 2009

Marvel and Disney Merging? I Should Have Known

Given that its fairly well-known that I'm a comics geek, I'm surprised no one asked me what I think about the merger with Marvel Comics and Disney. And while I balk when people ask me if I'm seeing the Fantastic Four movie (shudder), I actually have some insight here.

A few months ago, I took a trip to New Orleans for work and took a lot of pictures.

This was one of those pictures.





A necklace of ducks with a Spiderman design. It made no sense to me at the time. I mocked it.

What a fool I was.

It all makes sense. This was just Phase One in the marketing.

Spider Man. The hero fraught with tragedy and misfortune. Donald Duck, the duck who gets stuck with all the bad luck (I remember that song). What a combo!

I smell a Harry Potter sized series!

I've seen caricatures of Mickey Mouse as Wolverine, Goofy as Galactus, but no Spider Duck yet.

Marvel and Disney must be waiting for the right time to unveil it. Give them time.

1 comment:

Ian Thal said...

Question is: Will we see a Howard the Duck/Scrooge McDuck cross-over?