Wednesday, June 19, 2019

I Had Issues! Here's My Old Take on the New 52's Jutice League #12

I was a big fan of Tegan O'Neil's comic mashups back in the day. His take on Identity Crisis was amazing back in the day, not to mention the sole voice of reason while that miserable series was running. I really wanted to copy that, but I didn't have the resources and know-how available. Didn't stop me from trying a mashup or two. A few years back, I wanted to react to the ridiculous hype when Superman and Wonder Woman kissed in that issue of Justice League. So I did the best I could with Microsoft Paint, and below is what I came up with.

A tip: When you're trying to do something that looks quick, it often is anything but quick.

At least I know how to do a better job now. Plus next time I'll use comic sans just to be ironic.

Originally published August 29, 2012 with very minor editing. 

Yesterday, Rich Johnston of Bleeding Cool posted a sneak peak of DC Comics' Justice League International annual with member Booster Gold's "take" on Superman and Wonder Woman's kiss, which by this point is only a spoiler if you lack a central nervous system and spinal cord.



The image above is the original version. I know Booster is not the deepest of thinkers, but I think he could have had more to say if editorial let him. Below are examples of how the panel could have been improved. All I need is a better letterer. Until then, just squint a little would you?


 





No comments: