Monday, June 26, 2023

My Take on the Boston Pizza Festival

 
 
I went down to City Hall on Sunday to grab one slice of pepperoni and take home slices for my girlfriend. and I chose the wrong pepperoni.
.
 
This was my first outing to the Boston Pizza Festival, which returned this past weekend for the first time since COVID. On Saturday, the line for the Boston Pizza Festival seemed to be about a quarter mile long even with the rainfall. The line was much more manageable on Sunday. Once you made it through the metal gate, you went to...another line for the tickets.
 
Should have purchased them online, a-hole!

After two sets of line, I made the biggest mistake and ended up in line at the closest booth I could find.


Comparatively speaking, Carmelina's lines were very short. Should have taken that as a warning. I didn't and was rewarded with the most underwhelming pepperoni slice I've had in a while. 

A resounding "Eh."
 
Cini's definitely had the most interesting selection, but they were out of the sauteed spinach and artichoke slices by the time I got there.


The sweet & sour pepper slice turned out to be the big winner with my girlfriend. 


If I could go back in time, I would have gotten a second slice instead of the Margherita slice I ended up getting. 

I'm not even going to say where I got this from.

After avoiding Halftime Pizza (oh, hell no!), I noticed the biggest line was for the Peppino's Pizza booth. 

 
 
Speaking to someone in the booth, Peppino's isn't a restaurant. It isn't even a food truck. It's just an...idea for now? Well, it's a good idea. They made solely Sicilian slices, and I haven't been able to enjoy a Sicilian slice in Boston for what might be twenty years. 

Ahhh!

My girlfriend didn't enjoy it as much, but for me, it was a taste of the old days of Twin's Pizza in Blackstone, Massachusetts or Supreme Pizza on Massachusetts Avenue Boston back in 2000. 

The other crazy highlight was a random woman generously handing me three tickets for three extra slices because she had to leave early. I was able to both feed myself and get my girlfriend a decent selection before heading out. How did I carry all that back on the train?

Thank you, Ziploc bags!
 
Thankfully, no one patted me down for plastic bags at the gate. I may be a pizza mark, but I'm a smart mark. 

See you next year!

No comments: